Our international journey of adoption.

Our international journey of adoption.
Elias: Taiwan Age 9, Became part of our family 02/03/2010
Abram: China Age 6, Became a part of our family 02/05/2012
Jade: China Age 4, Became a part of our family 1/30/2012

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Since I Have Been Home

The journey home was a long one. Everything in Ch*na went great. Better than I could have planned. God was with me the whole time and never left my side. I was able to sleep on those very uncomfortable beds and eating there was not as bad as it could have been. I missed having Steve with me, we are truly a team. 
Everything in GZ went great. The van ride to Hong Kong was interesting.  The driver shaved an hour off the time. I normally do not get car sick but going 85 -110mph kinda can make you sick to your stomach. Hong Kong was fine. Again the beds were horrible but I was able to sleep. 
Getting on the plane I was fine. I was not looking forward to the 14.5 hour flight. Before I went, I had an ear ache. It had gotten worst. During the flight I get a real bad sore throat. It was so swollen I could feel both sides of my throat touching in the middle. Then somewhere above Alaska my elbow starting hurting and I got very sick to my stomach. After that the plane ride was horrible and I was not looking forward to a four hour layover in Chicago, plus immigration and customs. 
Immigrations and customs went smoothly. We made it to the termal with plenty of time and it was shortly after that Brea noticed my rash. I was still not hungry and now I had a huge rash on my body. What was going on?  I sipped on some water and just did what I had to do to get home. Finally around 7pm that night I got to see the four people I missed the most. 
The next day I went to the doctors. I had a Bactria infection in my ears and throat, an allergic reaction to food for the rash, and we still could not explain the not being hungry and now the massive joint pain. I am convinced that the joint and muscle pain is from the beds I slept in for two weeks. When I came home to my sleep number my joints and muscles started to relax then spaum. 
I am very greatful to the four women in our church that brought us meals. Each meal tasted wonderful and we were able to use it for two meals. I really had to humble myself to accept the help. 
I have not been able to take care of my family like I like to. I have had to relax and take naps everyday. I guess that is what happens when one does not eat much for 11 days. I have lost over 10lbs since I have been home. 
Yesterday was a turn around day. Steve and I noticed that when I eat I feel better and I have color in my skin. ( I have been very pale, even had white lips). My stomache has shrunk. I can not eat very much at a time.  I have to have several little meals through out the day just to keep my energy. I am getting stronger slowly but surly. I have never dealt with anything like this before. 
The rash is almost gone. I have a couple places it is lingering on but it is slowly going away. My ear and throat are almost completely healed. I think I picked up the infections before I left from dirty earbuds.  My muscles are ok as long as I stretch them. I need to see my chiropractor for my ankle if I ever want to drive again. 
Brea is doing great. She fits in this family great. She has been bonding with Steve a lot while I have been sick. She loves helping out around here. She is not in a hurry to talk, but she understands a lot of what we say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment